Board meeting at the Yacht Club at Portofino Condo
Yesterday’s Yacht Club at Portofino’s monthly board meeting had some interesting news for its residents! Find hereafter the top news and decisions from the meeting:
1. he temporary lobby at the Yacht Club at Portofino condo will open on August 17th so the remodeling on the main lobby can begin. The temporary lobby will be located at the Condoideas Realty Group office.
2. Condoideas Realty Group will relocate to the office next door.
3. There are some slippery tiles by the Yacht Club at Portofino pool, especially when people get out of the pool through the shower area. In the past months, it has been discussed several possible solutions and in the end, the final decision was to get a company to apply an anti-slip treatment on July 31st in that particular area.
4. The city of Miami Beach owed some money to the Yacht Club at Portofino Condo that summed up to $704,000 including operating costs reimbursements, additional rent owed, marina fees, and more. These monies have been finally paid and put into a special account so that expenses taken from this amount can be completely trackable.
5. The Yacht Club at Portofino Condo board approved the following expenses:
5.1 Grease trap and an exhaust fan for the Yacht Club at Portofino convenient store, not to exceed $51,000 coming from the account for special projects. These items must be provided in order for the Yacht Club deli to be able to sell prepared foods and not only prepackaged food. The commercial rent for the convenience store will go from $1,500/month to $2,000/month when they install the new items.
5.2 Emergency COVID-19 expenses of $88,000. Only the extra housekeeping service for the Yacht Club at Portofino Condo rose to $26,000.
5.3 Replace 30 smoke detectors on the Yacht Club at Portofino common areas to solve the false fire alarms happening lately in the building
5.4 Change the waste management company to Waste Connections which will add a cost of $27,000 as the previous company was charging extra for the recycling material. The new company will save $21,000 on waste removal.
6. New Rules and regulations approved by the Yacht Club at Portofino Condo board:
6.1 Residents at the Yacht Club at Portofino condo must wipe gym equipment after using it.
6.2 Bicycles are not permitted to be transported through the Yacht Club at Portofino lobby or lobby corridors